Early Head Start is the best start.
The goal of the Early Head Start program is to promote quality care for Missouri’s children birth to age three. This is accomplished through partnerships between Early Head Start and community child care, family homes, group homes, and centers. Services are also provided to pregnant women, with a focus on teenagers, and home base services.
Participants engage in activities to support their parental roles and to help move toward self-reliance.
To be eligible for child care parents must be working, in school or training and in need of child care for their infants or toddlers.
To start the application process, please click on the INTEREST FORM button.
Early Head Start Services:
- Family Advocates support participants through home visits, linking to community resources, transportation for program services and family goal setting
- Prenatal and postpartum follow-up support for pregnant participants
- Childcare services where available
- Early Head Start Home Base Option (To find out where, contact your local Head Start center or MVCAA’s central office at 660.886.7476.)
- Carrollton (infant up to age 3)
- Richmond (infant up to age 3). Also provides child care and preschool services for children infant through age 5 for the Richmond community. State subsidy accepted.
- Salisbury (infant up to age 3). Also provides child care and preschool services for children infant through age 5 for the Salisbury community. State subsidy accepted.
Child care Partners:
- Bright Beginnings Academy, Odessa
- Little Steps Child Care, Higginsville
- University of Central Missouri Foster Knox, Warrensburg
To apply for Early Head Start contact the Family Advocate at:
Carroll County – 660-542-2560
Chariton County – 660-388-5911
Johnson County – 660-429-1144
Lafayette County – 660-584-3131
Ray County – 816-776-2255
Saline County – 660-886-9980